Hi there! I hope everyone that celebrates Easter had a wonderful day and if you don’t celebrate it, I still hope you had a great Sunday!
I spent Saturday out of town with some old friends of mine for a crawlfish boil. I don’t eat crawlfish, but I love all the other fixings they have with them, eggspecially the potatoes and carrots, yum! Sunday I had lunch with my boyfriend’s family and then dinner at my uncle’s house with my uncle of course, my mom and her boyfriend.
All in all, a very tasty weekend filled with family and friends, the best kind of weekend to have!
Now for the crate of rotten eggs… I had quite a few ideas for manis that I wanted to do for this weekend, but the eggecution was not on point. The glitter look is OK I guess, but it wasn’t really what I was going for. The chocolate robin’s eggs with basket weaves really aren’t Easter Bunny worthy, but not every mani can be a golden egg, oh well.
Colors used for glitter eggs:
- Pink nail is with L’Oreal – Pink Me Up (280) topped with OPI – Princesses Rule (NL R44)
- Yellow nail is OPI – Lemonde Stand By Your Man (NL D22)
- Blue nail is OPI – Teal the Cows Come Home (NL B54)
- White nails have a white creme base topped with OPI – Fit for a Queensland (NL A48)
- All nails topped with Sally Hansen – Goldi-Flecks (140) and OPI – Snow Globetrotter (HR F16)
Colors used for chocolate eggs:
- Base for the robin’s eggs was OPI – Don’t Boss’s Nova Me Around (NL A60)
- Speckles for the robin’s eggs were acrylic craft paints DecoArt Americana brand – Baby Pink, Indian Turquoise, & Pineapple (I used a toothbrush to dot the paint on)
- For the basket, I used Plaid Folk Art acrylic paint in 2480 Royal Gold (and also for the gold flecks on the robin’s eggs) and for the basket weaves I used a mix of DecoArt Americana Bittersweet Chocolate & Mississippi Mud (also used for the chocolate part of the eggs)
- Zigzag decal for the egg crack was from a drugstore set of French tip guides
- Topped all nails off with a glossy top coat then a couple of coats of Zoya Matte Velvet Lacquer
Have a great week, Tootles! 🙂
**Sorry about the egg puns, I couldn’t help myself** 😛