As you many know, I love painting my nails and pretty much have been that way since I could write. However, there’s been another love in my life since before I can remember… rocks. No, I’m not a super collector of rocks (although I hoarded some when I was kid) I just really love all the different colors, textures, and shapes of rocks and minerals.
Recently I’ve seen the “smooshy” method and thought the results were pretty cool and almost looked like a marble. I decided to try using just a squishy stamper (which is generally how the smooshy mani is created), however the thing that worked best for me was my silicone mat. I dripped several colors on my mat (I don’t own a “nail mat” because I went with the cheaper version of just a Mod Podge mat from a craft store) and then manipulated the mat where it would smoosh and pull the colors around (I hope that makes sense, not really sure how else to explain it). I played around with adding more polish, smooshing & pulling to my heart’s content until I had a marbled/stone look that I liked. Just a side note, I made one big swatch that was enough to cover 10 nails but you can do smaller ones per nail if you wanted to. I let that dry to the touch and sealed it with a top coat so that I could easily peel the decal off the mat. Once the top coat dried, I removed the decal and cut it into pieces to roughly fit each nail. From there, I coated my nail with a clear polish, placed a decal on top, then trimmed away the excess.
I would love to do some geode/agate nails, I’ve seen some pretty amazing ones, but I haven’t really mastered them (been total nail fails, but working on perfecting them and hopefully get them posted on here… someday).
I hope you enjoy these, I think these are one of my all-time favorite looks I’ve done. It combines two of my favorite things, painted nails and rocks, can’t get much better than that!
- Revlon – Elegant (360)
- OPI – Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! (NL G21)
- OPI – Over the Taupe (NL B85)
- OPI – Suzi, The First Lady of Nails (NL W55)
- OPI – Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around (NL A60)
Oh em aca gee!
My itty bitty blog has been nominated for “One Lovely Blog Award”.
Thank you so much to the awesome Life of an Independent Girl! I love her blog, she features her nail art adventures, book reviews, and so much more. Go check her page out!
Here are the rules:
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in the post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about them.
- Then nominate 15 people!
7 facts about me:
- I’m not very musically inclined… I can sing but I wouldn’t say I’m super great. I can carry a tune at least. I sang as a kid and did 4-5 years of choir in middle & high school, however, I don’t do very well learning instruments. I attempted piano lessons in elementary school and electric guitar in high school, but neither really stuck. I probably should have practiced more, but I was (and still am) interested in a lot of other things to just focus on one activity.
- I love bats and donkeys. I know, weird animals to have a liking for, but I just think they’re both so cute and awesome! I like goats too, but not as mush as donkeys and bats. I of course like the usual cat and dog, in fact I live with 3 cats at my parent’s house. I want a dog, but we don’t have a fenced yard and I’m not home enough to give it the proper attention it would need.
- I never had braces. I did have a procedure done to prevent a gap between my top front teeth and had all 4 wisdom teeth removed before they surfaced to prevent needing braces.
- I have a bachelors in business management, but have no idea what I want to be when I grow up (I’m pushing 30, probably should figure that out soon). I do know that I want to have my own business eventually, need to figure out the product/service for it though.
- I’m a serial re-watcher… I watch the same movies over and over again or TV shows (see my favorite show listed on #7 and see what I mean).
- I live in the USA and have traveled to Mexico, Canada, England and Ireland. I hope to travel to more European countries and definitely Japan since that’s where my grandma (on my dad’s side) was from. I’ve been to a handful of states here in the US, and would like to visit Montana, Wyoming, Maine, and Oregon in the next few years.
- Some of my favorites:
- Fruit: strawberries
- Shape: hexagon
- Ice cream: overall mint chocolate chip, but I really love Blue Bell’s Vanilla Bean (and add chocolate sprinkles with it)
- Song: Pachuca Sunrise by Minus the Bear
- Season: fall/autumn
- Movie: Sabrina (the original Audrey Hepburn one)
- Pizza toppings: black olives and sausage
- Board game: Clue
- TV show: Castle (about to start round 3 of watching seasons 1-8 on Amazon, which doesn’t include watching the series when it was on TV, so really this will be round 4 in total)
- Sport: hockey
- Cookie: snicker doodle or homemade chocolate chip with a hint of cinnamon and a little bit of pecans, yum!
- X-Men: Nightcrawler & Mystique
- Tea: earl grey & jasmine green tea
I nominate the following (in alphabetical order and I only have 11 because I’m relatively new to blogging and following bloggers so I don’t have very many right now):
- A New Life Wandering
- Arts of May
- List of Living
- The View From My Window
- Travelling the World Solo
- Unexpected Occurrence
- U-Turn & Travel
- Vintage Reflection