Hi there! I hope everyone that celebrates Easter had a wonderful day and if you don’t celebrate it, I still hope you had a great Sunday!
I spent Saturday out of town with some old friends of mine for a crawlfish boil. I don’t eat crawlfish, but I love all the other fixings they have with them, eggspecially the potatoes and carrots, yum! Sunday I had lunch with my boyfriend’s family and then dinner at my uncle’s house with my uncle of course, my mom and her boyfriend.
All in all, a very tasty weekend filled with family and friends, the best kind of weekend to have!
Now for the crate of rotten eggs… I had quite a few ideas for manis that I wanted to do for this weekend, but the eggecution was not on point. The glitter look is OK I guess, but it wasn’t really what I was going for. The chocolate robin’s eggs with basket weaves really aren’t Easter Bunny worthy, but not every mani can be a golden egg, oh well.
Colors used for glitter eggs:
- Pink nail is with L’Oreal – Pink Me Up (280) topped with OPI – Princesses Rule (NL R44)
- Yellow nail is OPI – Lemonde Stand By Your Man (NL D22)
- Blue nail is OPI – Teal the Cows Come Home (NL B54)
- White nails have a white creme base topped with OPI – Fit for a Queensland (NL A48)
- All nails topped with Sally Hansen – Goldi-Flecks (140) and OPI – Snow Globetrotter (HR F16)
Colors used for chocolate eggs:
- Base for the robin’s eggs was OPI – Don’t Boss’s Nova Me Around (NL A60)
- Speckles for the robin’s eggs were acrylic craft paints DecoArt Americana brand – Baby Pink, Indian Turquoise, & Pineapple (I used a toothbrush to dot the paint on)
- For the basket, I used Plaid Folk Art acrylic paint in 2480 Royal Gold (and also for the gold flecks on the robin’s eggs) and for the basket weaves I used a mix of DecoArt Americana Bittersweet Chocolate & Mississippi Mud (also used for the chocolate part of the eggs)
- Zigzag decal for the egg crack was from a drugstore set of French tip guides
- Topped all nails off with a glossy top coat then a couple of coats of Zoya Matte Velvet Lacquer
Have a great week, Tootles! 🙂
**Sorry about the egg puns, I couldn’t help myself** 😛
Ok, maybe I don’t wish I was still there, but it would have been pretty awesome if our trip was during Saint Patrick’s Day!
I briefly mentioned that I was a teeny bit Irish, the only way I know that for sure is because of AncestryDNA. I already knew that I was 25% Japanese (my dad’s mom was 100% Japanese) and that was my control to know if the results were accurate or not. My results did confirm that I am a fourth Japanese and they also stated that I am roughly 14% Irish. This seems to be pretty accurate because (on my dad’s, dad’s side of the family) we believe my great-grandmother was 100% Irish, which would break down for me to be an eighth. The extra couple percent might be from my mom’s side, but I not really sure what we are on that side of the family. I want to get my mom and dad to do the test themselves which would provide me with more accurate info about mine.
The test is really simple to do and only $99 (plus shipping & tax) which I think is pretty reasonable. Right now they’re doing a special for St. Patrick’s Day until March 19th for $89, so go get yours!
Alright, about my nails! Of course I had to do something green. Since Ireland is associated with green, clovers and rainbows, I thought a green holo (light shifting/diffused into rainbows) gradient with a golden clover would be perfect!
- Cupcake Polish- Unbeleafable, dark part of the gradient & the base of the accent nail
- Cupcake Polis- Leaf Me Alone, medium color for the gradient
- Color Club- Kismet, lightest part of the gradient
- Pure Ice- Studette, used for the clover
- China Glaze- Fairy Dust, top coat on all nails
- Decal/stencil- Luck Variety Vinyls
Phew, I made it through my three posts in one day. Thanks for hanging in there with me 🙂
Have a happy and SAFE St. Patty’s tomorrow,
**Post is not sponsored, all opinions are my own whether sponsored or not.**
I typically do holiday themed nails at any chance I can get, but I completely forgot about today! So, you’ll just have to settle for these unpatriotic pretties 🙂
I’m not the type of girl that likes the color pink, but I love this combo!! The pic doesn’t really capture the true hues because I couldn’t get the right lighting. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
*Check out my Instagram, I added some mani looks from last year that I never got around to posting!*