I can’t believe last Wednesday was the official beginning of summer! This year seems to be really flying by. Do you have any fun summer plans? I don’t really have anything on the books right now, but I hope to travel a bit.
This look started with a plain single color of the holo nude base. After a few days, I decided to spruce things up and added the navy holo designs. I didn’t really have any direction of what I wanted this to end up as, but I like how it turned out.
- Lacquer Lust – Butt Bootie Naked (base)
- Cupcake Polish – Bat-chelor Pad (design)
- Vinyls used from TwinkledT (however I think the large chevron on the middle nail is a cheap drugstore vinyl)
Ok, maybe I don’t wish I was still there, but it would have been pretty awesome if our trip was during Saint Patrick’s Day!
I briefly mentioned that I was a teeny bit Irish, the only way I know that for sure is because of AncestryDNA. I already knew that I was 25% Japanese (my dad’s mom was 100% Japanese) and that was my control to know if the results were accurate or not. My results did confirm that I am a fourth Japanese and they also stated that I am roughly 14% Irish. This seems to be pretty accurate because (on my dad’s, dad’s side of the family) we believe my great-grandmother was 100% Irish, which would break down for me to be an eighth. The extra couple percent might be from my mom’s side, but I not really sure what we are on that side of the family. I want to get my mom and dad to do the test themselves which would provide me with more accurate info about mine.
The test is really simple to do and only $99 (plus shipping & tax) which I think is pretty reasonable. Right now they’re doing a special for St. Patrick’s Day until March 19th for $89, so go get yours!
Alright, about my nails! Of course I had to do something green. Since Ireland is associated with green, clovers and rainbows, I thought a green holo (light shifting/diffused into rainbows) gradient with a golden clover would be perfect!
- Cupcake Polish- Unbeleafable, dark part of the gradient & the base of the accent nail
- Cupcake Polis- Leaf Me Alone, medium color for the gradient
- Color Club- Kismet, lightest part of the gradient
- Pure Ice- Studette, used for the clover
- China Glaze- Fairy Dust, top coat on all nails
- Decal/stencil- Luck Variety Vinyls
Phew, I made it through my three posts in one day. Thanks for hanging in there with me 🙂
Have a happy and SAFE St. Patty’s tomorrow,
**Post is not sponsored, all opinions are my own whether sponsored or not.**